TF - Endometrial Calcifications, Do They Matter?
Take Home Points
what are these echogenic foci
- Located either within endometrium or in the direct sub-endometrial tissue
- They are small calcifications or crystals
are they dangerous?
- No. These are almost invariably due to previous "event" of some sort in the uterus, most often, instrumentation.
- Spontaneous or Therapeutic Abortion
- Dilatation and Curretage
- Sexually Transmitted Disease.
- "There are scattered endometrial (or subendometrial) calcifications likely due to previous instrumention." (This is my standard dictation macro. However, it would be fine to include the other potential etiologic factors described above.
- The important thing is to NOT raise alarm as this is an innocuous finding.